Skip to main content

29th of September 2014

hello people,
                    Been long enough since I wrote something here, guess I have been occupied.
Well, here i am with the most recent chronicle of this extraordinary fool. On 9th June 2012, I was in a terrible accident, the kind that fractured my upper left arm and doctors had to implant a nail to hold my bone together so it heals itself and returns to its regular self. The date was the 29th of September 2014, I was excited about my surgery. I had been planning for it for two months steeling my mind for the aftermath. The day had finally arrived, I remember stepping into the bright reception hall, where the ceiling was on the 8th floor. A small Cafe stall right next to the entrance with a pharmacy shop right next to it. The other side of the hall had a different view entirely, it was a number of stalls placed one after the other and had the words etched into the " Billing Counters". The bedlam created by those mundane ringing of telephones seemed fascinating to me. My dear dad who accompanied me jerked at my arm enunciating the words "let's walk, and what are you smiling about?". That time I realized that I was smiling, guess it was the excitement.
                   I was sent onto the 7th floor to check into my room, It was mum who had accompanied me to the room while dad was at the "billing counter" filling out the forms and making payments. Mum entered the room and the first thing she said was " room is big enough", I thought to myself "they surely are charging big enough too". The next was soul-sucking stagnation of waiting for the doctor, it was hell and i must have noticed every bit and piece of everything around the room, not gonna tell you the boring details when i saw something, a building outside from my room's window. Standing outside among those huddled and mess of cluttered buildings was my college building as clear as a day, that was another one of the fascinating things that I saw.
                   Then came the doctor and along with him a wheelchair and it was hilarious because in the elevator 2 people standing around me except the doctor and the ward boy were an aged man maybe in his 60s' and his son probably in his later 30s'. As they were looking at me I got up stretching my arms and legs and it was fun to see the surprise on their faces. The elevator stopped on the 1st floor and i "wheelchair-ed" out into the observation where I was asked to lie down, the dull and boring air all around me was heavy, the curtains, the metal beds, the ever-beeping machines, god!! it was something that robbed me of my fascination. I might have skipped the part where a nurse stepped in when I was sitting in my room and told me "I am here to hurt you a bit and I fumbled an answer Ohk with a smile as she was so beautiful, the answer that I was to give her was "sure you can hurt me all you want" which sounded cool in my head at that time. So yea while i was being taken to the operation theatre, all I could see were lights going by in a swift march from down to up. I entered the OT (the name sounds pretty grim but, it wasn't so) . I being the meddlesome me uttered in a low voice "Doctor !!?" to which the doc replied, "what is it, son". I asked the doctor if i could keep "The Nail" after the operation, to which he humbly replied "NO" and i went under anesthesia.
                    I opened my eyes and it was 3:30 PM, the same dull air hung around me and the relentless beeping of the machine went on with a few nurses hobbling by. I knew that i was in the observation room after the operation but with something very odd about my condition, i was patched up only at my shoulder and not near my elbow where the second screw of the implant in my arm rested. it was only a few seconds past that epiphany when a voice from the bed next to me came in a groaning fashion. An old lady probably sick and operated on was lying next to me and was cursing every doctor saying that they know nothing and will kill her (it probably was the pain) and i burst into laughter, which in turn startled the nurses and one of them came running to me, i was stoned and asked for some morphine and she replied no i can't have any, i was bummed.
                   About at 4 PM my father stepped in to see me and told me that they have not yet removed the nail as some of the bone had grown around it and i was pretty sad that i had to undergo all this for nothing, but this was not it, he told me i would have to undergo another surgery with better-suited equipment and i was taken in the OT again at  8:30PM when the second screw was removed along with some of my bone scraped off. Finally, i returned to my room and it was 30 mins into the 30th of September and I watched TV the Whole Night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hysteria

Heyo readers,         Its been a while since i wrote my emotions and this is because you all got a competitor to whom i tell my feelings instead of indulging you guys. I am back here because i wanted to share this one with you all. I have recently learned that it does take loss for one to become expressive in one way or the other and to us (i cant say teenager any more) love is the usual loss or so we believe.        Today, i wont talk of love. well, i will try not to talk about love. The name of the note is so because i dont remember what was the last feeling i held within me. Everything is hysterical to me, no matter what it is. It is said to be a fool's trait who blurts out everything without thinking of the consequences. Guess i knew that for long enough thus the "extraordinary fool". Well, forgive me for i am not a man of my word, so coming back to my favourite topic LOVE. It has been sometime since i gave this advice to a friend "speak your mind". This pa

Perspectives

Hello readers,   How is it hanging with you guys these days?   i hope you all are well. Yesterday in a classroom lecture of mine, the teacher thought of giving a small excerpt on Perspectives. Essentially speaking perspective is the way of looking at things formulated by ones own experiances, and this really got me thinking. It is very common for us to look at everything from the viewpoint of "I would have done it better", we do not hesitate in pointing out others mistakes relentlessly, without thinking for even a second that if we were in the situation would we have even succeeded.              The teacher however was explaining a different concept, he drew a hotch-potched image on a white board with a marker in front of us of a plant with no specific features to it. A flower on top, two leaves on its stem on either of its sides and finally a triangular pot. I wont tell you what i saw but would rather ask you what image would you make of this description.            There

Disconnected

heyo this one is as its title says a mix and match of a few things. First, i caught up with a friend, and it was lovely although i have lost a particular fragment of her memory, i dont remember her laugh, funny thing to forget though but i cant remember the way she used to laugh although i do remember an incident where she cried, i caught a glimpse of her fleeting and that is a prominent memory that i remember and to that a friend of her who was walking behind packed up her things and uttered "stupid indians". That is one memory that survives. Second, i have seen one of the most gorgeous girls of the world, she is literally breathtakingly beautiful. No, i am not in love but you really dont need a lovers eyes to admire her, it just comes naturally. She doesnt hold a mask of beauty but is indeed a beautiful person inside, trust me i know her a bit. Third and last i dont know if i have written the gibberish above in my senses or not, just wanted it out